March 29, 2011

Shrimp Stick Salad

Instead of going out to lunch with a friend I have been trying to catch up with, I decided to bring us a "made" lunch and eat in my office.  Prepping the shrimp and dressing the night before is better than spending $10 for lunch without tip... I like to mix the cheese in the dressing when we eat, because I don't like it to become too gummy. I also brought my own large salad bowl into work so I could toss this fresh. That way, I didn't have to make more dressing and get a crazy eye from coworkers thinking "why is she chopping garlic in the conference room?" Also, I like my salad leaves evenly coated with dressing. My husband was happy too because I packed him up a lunch! I served this with freshly made rosemary bread.


Dressing


2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Pinches Kosher Salt
Fresh Ground Pepper
1 Minced Garlic Clove
2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
1/2 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
2 Tablespoons Asiago or Parmesan Shredded Cheese


Shrimp


1 Lb Frozen Shrimp, Peeled
1 Minced Clove Garlic
Zest of Half Lemon
Kosher Salt
Fresh Ground Pepper
1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil


Mixed Salad Greens (Preferably Organic)


For dressing, mix all ingredients in a large bowl and set aside. For shrimp, mix all ingredients but the shrimp in a small bowl and stir. Add shrimp and let marinate for about 10 minutes. Place shrimp on skewer and grill on both sides about 7 minutes until they are opaque. Return to the dressing bowl and add cheese. Mix. Add salad greens. Toss and severe with shrimp skewers. 

No comments: