August 31, 2010

Grated Pear Oatmeal for One

When I started working from home, it was a great opportunity to make a more involved breakfast. I needed sustenance to tackle whatever I was working on that day...  Easy to make, this oatmeal combines two of my favorite things - BUTTER and FRUIT. If you don't have a pear, apples work nicely. Granny Smith's are my favorite. This is my blog's inaugural meal. What a way to start the day.

1/2 Cup Rolled Oats
1 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons Water
Healthy Pinch of Kosher Salt
1 Medium Grated Pear
1/2 Teaspoons Lemon
1/4 Cup Skim Milk
1 Tsp Salted Butter
Honey (Optional)

Mix rolled oats, water and salt in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Stir while boiling - it tends to stick to the pan. Sometimes, I give my pan a good soak after this breakfast!

Add pear and lemon. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes stirring often.

Add milk and butter. Stir and cook for another minute. I like to put on EXTRA butter, but a drizzle of honey is nice as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OOOOOHHHHHHHH....sounds Great!
:-)